Britain is mad for mobile technology and SMEs need to follow suit
Mobile technology is the future – and landlines are on their way to extinction – according to new research from telecommunications watchdog Ofcom.
Ofcom’s latest Communications Market Report revealed that Britain went digital-mad in 2015 – and that now, in a typical day, the average adult spends more time using digital media and communications than sleeping (approximately eight hours and 45 minutes).
71 per cent of UK adults now own a smartphone – up from just 66 per cent recorded the previous year.
The number of Britons using mobile messaging services rose from just 28 per cent to 43 per cent over the same period – while the number of landlines used in the UK fell dramatically.
According to Ofcom, even emails dropped in popularity in 2015 in comparison with mobile-led communication, 4G and superfast broadband.
The desk phone is dead and Britain is mad for mobile technology.
Evidently, Small and Medium-Enterprises (SMEs) are missing a beat if they fail to tap into Britain’s tech-obsessed market by using outdated tools as a primary method of communication.
A separate study conducted by cloud computing group Exact found that 87 per cent of UK SMEs no longer consider the desk phone an essential office tool – and that 64 per cent of firms fear going out of business in the next five years if they fail to keep up with modern innovation.
For SMEs, there’s only one logical answer – join the digital revolution, enhance your communication, and boost your business with very latest in communication technology.
Smart companies across the UK are already adopting App2Chat, the innovative business communication tool that offers all the features of an office telephone system on a mobile phone. App2Chat offers the very latest in digital business technology by combining the following must-have features:
- calls are made and received using business landline numbers
- option for multiple landline numbers (UK and international) on each smartphone
- unlimited users can make or receive business calls on the same landline number at the same time
- new business landline numbers within one working day
- optional transfer of existing landline numbers
- works over 3G & 4G mobile networks worldwide so continuous, quality conversations are the norm
- optional WiFi connectivity for office working and overseas roaming
- costs around 30 pence per day and does not require any up-front investment
- compatibility with all Android & Apple smartphones
- full functionality of a desk phone, including voicemail, call forwarding and transfer, call recording, conference call and much more.